Own Your Health takes the participation of everyone to be successful, so we encourage you to use this information in your own materials and communications to help your employees or members get the most from their health care.
Place posters and handouts in break rooms and common areas. Post videos on your website. Use social media images and messages to inspire people to take a more informed and active role in their health. Use the calendar to provide resources on certain health topics at designated times.
More Isn’t Always Better
These are ready for posting or contact us to have your brand included to the large or small posters.
Large Posters (11” x 17”)
Small Posters (8.5” x 11”)
Social Media Campaign
Shared Decision Making
Own Your Health offers a variety of resources to help your members participate in shared decision making.
Healthier Washington was a joint project between the Washington State Health Care Authority and the Washington Health Alliance to help consumers make informed decisions about their health care. The effort included infographics, videos, and other materials. It was made possible by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, funding opportunity number CMS-1G1-14-001.
- Shopping for Quality handout
- Shopping for Patient Experience handout
- Using Health Care Dollars Wisely handout
- Getting High Value Health Care handout
- The Savvy Health Care Shopper video
- Useful Tips to Ensure Quality Health Care video
- Healthier Washington YouTube playlist videos
Choosing Wisely® is an initiative of the American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM) Foundation. The goal of Choosing Wisely® is to help providers and patients have conversations about the overuse of tests, treatments and procedures and support provider efforts to help patients make smart and effective care choices. More than 70 medical specialty societies have released recommendations to guide patients and doctors about the most appropriate care based on an individual patient’s situation.
- Your Primary Care Provider is Your Partner in Health
- Five Ways to Get the Right Amount of Health Care
- Tips on What to do Before Your Health Care Appointment
- Tips on What to do During Your Health Care Appointment
- More Isn’t Always Better
- How to Find Trustworthy Health Information on the Internet
- Opioid Medication & Pain: What You Need to Know
Community Checkup – Review scores for clinics and hospitals
Variation in Health Care Quality – Compare variation in care provided by medical groups and clinics
First, Do No Harm – See how much medical care is considered low-value on 47 treatments, tests, and procedures
Inpatient Hospital Price Variation – See the variation in inpatient treatment prices across the state and within hospitals