Why Everyone Needs a Primary Care Provider
- To be healthier– Your provider can help you manage any problems and give you a plan to stay healthy.
- To find problems sooner– A provider who sees you regularly is more likely to notice changes.
- To save money– Seeing your provider regularly helps people avoid more costly care, such as visits to the emergency room.
- To get specialty care– Your provider can refer you to the right person if something comes up that is outside his or her experience.
- To have someone on your side– Your provider is a resource who can follow you over time. This trusting relationship will improve your care, too, as over it time it will become easier to discuss changes and problems.