Today, being on vacation, sick and out-of-network doesn’t have to translate to big bills if you need medical care. Now, instead of trying to find a doctor’s office in an unfamiliar place, you can engage with healthcare providers using live video, audio, and instant messaging. Virtual care is a great option for illnesses that are highly contagious, too, such as the flu, keeping you home and recovering instead of out in public and sharing germs.
Virtual care services are offered by many health plans. Most virtual care services require you to download and install an app on your phone or tablet and set up the service before you use it the first time. Check with your health plan and set yours up now so it’s ready when you need it.
Virtual care can give you access to:
• Video visits with board-certified doctors on your smartphone, tablet, or computer
• Private and secure medical visits from any location within the United States
• Diagnosis and treatment recommendations for common conditions such as headache, flu, and pink eye
• Behavioral health visits with counselors, psychologists, and psychiatrists by appointment
• Answers to health questions
With virtual care, getting care is more convenient than ever. All you need is high-speed internet access and a private place to talk about your symptoms and health care needs. Doctors may use video, audio, or instant messaging to address concerns and diagnose conditions remotely. This may include giving out medical advice and instructions, walking you through at-home exercises and remedies to relieve your condition, or recommending you to a local hospital, specialist or physician.